Here is an amazing recipe for Campfire French Toast that you’ll love and will make a necessity for every camping trip you take from here on out.
Campfire French Toast
Recipe found on http://www.thislilpiglet.com
- 1 loaf of bread of choice
- 1 carton of Burnbrae Farms French Toast Egg Creations
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 500g container of fresh strawberries
- Confectioners’ sugar (Icing Sugar)
- Syrup of choice
- Wash strawberries, dice half of the container and slice the other half.
- Wrap the loaf of bread in parchment paper, then wrap in foil loosely so the bread slices fall slightly open.
- Sprinkle the diced strawberries over the loaf, taking care to sprinkle some between slices; set aside the sliced strawberries for afterwards.
- Sprinkle the sliced almonds in the same way as the diced strawberries over the loaf.
- Wrap the foil and parchment paper tighter around the loaf of bread. Pour 1 carton of Burnbrae Farms French Toast eggs evenly over the entire loaf of bread before wrapping tightly with a top piece of foil to ensure no leaks.
- Place over the campfire or grill on low to medium heat for approximately 35-40 minutes, moving around occasionally to cook evenly. If the bread looks soggy still, cook slightly longer.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 10 mins before serving. Top with sugar, syrup and sliced strawberries.